Encourage the children to talk at the beginning of the session.
Welcome to our third session.
- How is everyone doing?
- Did anyone do something this week that they want to share with the class?
- Who remembers what we did last class?
Last class, we learned:
- about what causes or triggers asthma
- how asthma affects airways
- how to stop an airway from becoming clogged
- What did your parents think of what you learned in last week's session?
Encourage a few children interpret their asthma diary records.
Who brought their fun book and diary with them?
Give a sticker or stamp to children that remembered.
Who would like to share what you recorded in your asthma diary?
- Provide positive reinforcement.
- Promote association between a cause/trigger/activity and the results, such as felt good, peak flow dropped or used more medication. This association should progress over time.
- Help discover new things and why things happen when they do.
Lead the children in signing Puff's RAP Song for Session 3. This song introduces the topic for today's session.
It's time for our RAP song! Let’s get those fingers snapping.
Sing Puff's RAP Song for Session 3.
Last modified 2006-01-16 17:37